National Three Peaks Challenge
So, think you’re up for a Three Peaks Challenge?
BusyBus is proud to deliver all elements and aspects of National Three Peaks Challenge minibus transport logistics in what we believe is the safest and most professional way available. To many, at first glance, a three peaks challenge sounds relatively straightforward and easy. However, let there be no misunderstandings; it is extremely difficult!
It does not simply rely on your personal fitness but also on careful organisation, good co-ordination, fit-for-purpose transport, competent driving, teamwork, strategy, motivation and passion. Embarking on your journey to achieve and succeed starts with your transport partner and you simply will not get better than BusyBus to deliver that to you!
So, do you feel up for it? A total of 480 miles (800 kms / 10 hours) inter-mountain driving, 24 miles (37 kms / 13 Hours) of power-trekking, some during darkness, climbing a total of around 3,000 vertical metres (10,000ft)?
It makes you shudder just at the thought doesn’t it? Well, this a special kind of challenge, and not one that everyone is going to achieve but then again, if it was easy, it would not be a challenge would it? With our transport expertise you can trust us to take care of the whole complex logistical organisation of your event so you can get on with training, mental and physical preparation.
Most of the laws applicable to a 3-Peaks Challenge relate to the transport element and are imposed for the safety of everyone. Some companies make every effort to “beat” the law but BusyBus is proud to both agree and comply fully with it; not because we do not want to get into trouble, but because we want to be as safe as possible. Our drivers want to see their families again just as much as you do!
Transferring teams the 480-mile journey between mountains as quickly as possible is stressful on the driver. The DVSA (formally VOSA) have given both guidelines and legislation on journeys of this type. For example, driver breaks and changes are strategically integrated into every challenge and the typical itineraries below have accounted for these.
Whatever company you choose to provide your transport (even if you go it alone and hire a self-drive minibus) do not underestimate the importance of transport and make sure you are as safe as possible at all times. Ask your transport provider or appointed driver for their clear, written intentions of how they will both maximise safety and comply with the law. After all, you do not want the additional challenge of recovering your vehicle and team-mates from a wreckage in a ravine, all alone in the middle of nowhere at 4am!
The Facts 'n Stats
* From Wasdale. Seathwaite option available.
OPTION 1: The Long Day Challenge
- 10:30: Collect participants from Chester Station or area (if applicable).
- 11:00: Collect participants who come in cars from Chester Services – M56/J14 – CH2 4QZ (if applicable).
- 17:00: Collect participants from Glasgow Airport, Station or area (if applicable).
- 20:00: Arrive Fort William for provision buying and overnight accommodation
DAY 2 and 3 - Challenge Days
- 05:00: Breakfast.
- 05:30: Transfer to Ben Nevis start point.
- 06:00: Commence Challenge.
- 11:00: Depart Ben Nevis.
- 17:30: Arrive Wasdale Head for Scafell Pike.
- 21:30: Depart Scafell Pike.
- 02:15: Arrive Pen-Y-Pass for Snowdon (NEXT DAY)
- 06:00: Complete Challenge.
- 07:00: Depart Snowdon.
- 08:30: Drop at Chester Station or area.
- 09:00: Drop at Chester Services.
OPTION 2: The Daylight Challenge
DAY 1 Start Challenge
- 05:30: Collect participants from Chester Station or area (if applicable).
- 06:00: Collect participants who come in cars from Chester Services – M56/J14 – CH2 4QZ (if applicable).
- 11:00: Collect participants from Glasgow Airport / Glasgow Station (if applicable).
- 13:00: Arrive Fort William. Provision buying.
- 17:00: Commence Challenge.
- 22:30: Depart Fort William.
DAY 2 of Challenge
- 04:15: Arrive Wasdale head for Scafell Pike
- 08:45: Depart Scafell Pike.
- 13:00: Arrive Pen-Y-Pass.
- 17:00: Complete Challenge
- 19:00: Drop at Chester station or area
- 19:30: Drop at Chester Services
OPTION 2R: The Daylight Challenge in Reverse
- 06:30: Collect participants from Chester Station or area (if applicable)
- 07:00: Collect participants who come in cars from Chester Services – M56/J14 – CH2 4QZ (if applicable).
- 07:15: Depart Chester
- 08:45: Arrive Pen-Y-Pass for Snowdon.
- 09:00: Commence challenge.
- 13:00: Depart Snowdon.
- 17:15: Arrive Wasdale Head for Scafell Pike.
- 21:15: Depart Scafell Pike
- 03:30: Arrive Ben Nevis.
- 09:00: Complete Challenge.
- 12:30: Depart Fort William.
- 14:30: Drop at Glasgow Airport (if applicable)
- 15:00: Drop at Glasgow Station or area (if applicable)
- 19:30: Drop at Chester station or area
- 20:00: Drop at Chester Services
BusyBus drivers are great and we love them. We think you will too but do not take our word for it, we might be bias 🙂 Check out our Guestbook and TripAdvisor feedback. Our drivers know the routes well, understand your needs fully and will become a valuable member of your team. There is nothing worse than coming off the National Three Peaks Challenge feeling exhausted, the wind is howling, you are hungry, cold only to be met by a grumpy, miserable driver. You will not get this with BusyBus!
BusyBus are equally proud of the quality of their vehicles which will be fit-for-purpose and often new. No rickety old Transits here! We go beyond the recommended maintenance schedules to minimise the risk of breakdown. Here is our vehicle specifications, both ideally suited to teams of 12 + guide (13):
EXECUTIVE VEHICLE SPECIFICATION
BusyBus vehicles will include most (but not necessarily all) of the following:
- Purpose 3-Peak Challenge specification
- Modern vehicles
- 16-full-size passenger seats
- Multi-position reclining seats
- Seat armrests
- Large rear separate luggage space
- Multi-level luggage shelving
- Interior overhead baggage racks
- Forced, passenger-controlled air
- Passenger-controlled reading lights
- 12v sockets (charging leads not supplied)
- Clothes drying area
- Pole shelf
- CD/PA/MP3 sound system
BusyBus is fully insured in all aspects of the TRANSPORT part of your event. It does not hold OFF-VEHICLE or EVENT insurance in any way and is not responsible or insured for any other elements of your event except transport.
Because BusyBus provides only the transport and ground handling logistics, we are pleased to recommend our three peak partners Adventure Cafe who can take “ownership” of your entire event and provide everything for you in a pick & mix packaged format, including charity donation management, insurance, mountain guide, accommodation, transfers, etc. Although BusyBus may recommend partners, it does not package and receives no financial reward for sharing its expertise and experience with you; which is done in goodwill only.
If you require assistance in procuring a qualified mountain guide to escort your group please ask. They bring substantial benefits in skill, experience, maps, safety equipment, navigational aids, motivation, advice, etc. Although BusyBus may assist and recommend, it does not package and receives no financial reward for sharing its expertise and experience with you; which is done in goodwill only.
BusyBus can recommend various parking options to leave your car where we can pick you up, and drop you after the challenge. From safe, free Chester street parking to our special parking arrangement with RoadChef Motorway services on the M56 for £18.
If you require assistance in procuring accommodation in Fort William and / or Chester, please ask. BusyBus has many years experience in all accommodation types, from Bunk-Houses to 5* luxury. Although BusyBus may assist and recommend, it does not package and receives no financial reward for sharing its expertise and experience with you which is done in goodwill.
If you require breakfast in your Bunk House then your BusyBus driver can procure and deliver this for you for just £7 per person. Your breakfast will be continental-style comprising branded fresh items including a selection of fresh fruit and juice, tea, coffee, bread, butter, jam, cereals, croissants, porridge, treats-of-the-season, etc.
Your BusyBus driver has a selection of unique discount and benefit vouchers especially negotiated for you to use at various strategic points throughout the challenge that includes full cooked breakfast and the best piping hot showers you will ever have!