Bus Shore Excursion From Port of Edinburgh
Day Trip Cruise Excursion From Edinburgh
This is our award-winning ~8.1/2-hour / 120-mile Scotland Eastern Adventure tour departing from the Edinburgh cruise terminal.
This is a per bus booking – that means bookings are only accepted for a collective of 16 people. Often this can be organised by your cruise Expedition Leader, or can be easily self organised.
This is a unique and carefully tailored trip for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (half a ship’s excursion price) but they are twice the fun!
We use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing is meant to be done!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated with a jolly driver and knowledgeable escort who, invariably, will become more of a friend than a tour guide! Every passenger receives special attention and is encouraged to participate in the day as much as possible to ensure that you have a wonderful time with us.
Edinburgh Cruise Excursion
We really will delight you with your driver & tour escort keeping you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge throughout the tour.
We do not force on you (on a pre-pay basis) lunch or unwanted attraction tickets because, quite simply, there is so much choice to see and do that we will leave those choices up to you on a pick & mix, go-as-you-please basis. What we will do is make sure you’re fully informed as to what’s on offer, the bargains to be had and assist in creating the best possible day out for you.
- CULROSS VILLAGE
- TULLIBARDINE DISTILLARY
- STERLING CASTLE
- FALKIRK WHEEL
- THE KELPIES STATUES
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambience of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
We depart Edinburgh Cruise Terminal via the mighty Forth Bridge, taking you to our little secret viewpoint to get a real feeling of this monstrous construction. You will have a fully narrated journey which is intertwined with a hint of Scottish audio entertainment. Hear Mel Gibson’s Braveheart “Freedom Speech” when he (as William Wallace) prepares to defend Scotland from King Edward 1st in 1297.
Our first stop off point is the little village of Culross, believed to have been founded by Saint Serf in the 6th Century and formerly serving as a port on the Firth of Forth. Culross is home to many unique historical buildings, some of which can be dated back to the 12th Century. Spend time in this classic former port village and revel in the history and culture of an authentic traditional Scottish Village.
We will then continue through the beautiful Scottish countryside passing near to the World famous Gleneagles Golf Club and onto the Tullibardine Distillery where you will have time to take the 45 minute optional “Classic Tour” and sample a nip or two of Scotland’s finest vintage Malt Whisky (entry not included, £8.00 per person)
Our legendary journey continues to the historic Castle town of Sterling, gateway of the Trossarchs and sitting on the edge of spectacular forest-covered hills. Whilst exploring this imposing stronghold, the favourite residence of the Stuart kings and coronation place of Mary Queen of Scots, you will simply be in awe at the magnificence of the location and will easily see why this site was selected all those years ago. Don’t forget to snap-shot the William Wallace Memorial standing proudly on the opposite hilltop. Made famous by Mel Gibson and the film Braveheart. Wallace was to become one of Scotland’s most famous freedom defenders.
We will continue with our narrated adventure and head southwards towards the city of Falkirk where engineers have devised a brilliant modern solution to combine with a transport system that is centuries old. We will be visiting the Falkirk Wheel where canal boats are hoisted 79 feet by means of a rotating boat lift, the only such lift in the World!
Finally, it’s back to your cruise liner at the Edinburgh Cruise Terminal with a camera-full of photos and a day filled with eternal memories!
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 30 Minutes after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard” – your ticket will clarify your exact times.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- Don’t pre-purchase attraction entry tickets as many factors can effect our arrival time. Your driver escort knows the attractions well and will ensure you get the best available ticket prices and are treated just as importantly as those who tied their cash up in advance! Simply pay on the door.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.
* Times are APPROXIMATE. We carefully co-ordinate times to meet & greet you at the quay-side and provide a fully synchronised tour returning at least 1-hour before “all aboard“. We will keep you fully updated via your online booking records if the TOUR DEPARTURE time above changes.
…AND FINALLY: We are conscious of passenger concerns regarding the consequences of a late arrival back to ship when using independent excursion providers. In BusyBus’ case, saving up to 50% along with having a wonderful overall experience simply may not be sufficient to convince you, so let me, as Managing Director, re-assure you that all operational aspects of our tours are taken very seriously indeed to mitigate such a risk.
For example, wherever we tour we are always in communication with colleagues, peers, partners and associates who could, at short notice, jump in to assist an immobilised vehicle and/or get passengers safely back to their ship. All our vehicles carry a comprehensive manual that includes emergency procedures, phone numbers, breakdown assistance, medical aid, etc. We are, of course, recommended and known by the Port Authority too and are in regular communication.
If you’re worried about being late back, how do you think we’d feel with stranded souls sitting on the back of our coach?