BusyBus Wales mini breaks and holidays are a great way to explore and see this magical, mysterious part of ancient United Kingdom. Prices are dependant on numbers (maximum 16) with a typical example itinerary below giving some indicative costs. The more people in your party, the cheaper it becomes on a “per person” basis.
Your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and entertained on this carefully routed and planned excursion. Your tour escort tailoring your time together to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board. You may partake in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to.
Typical 2 Night / 3 Day Minibreak
This North Wales short break will give you a taste of what this spectacular region has to offer:
- Collection from Chester railway station.
- Depart Chester on a gentle, informed drive to North Wales. Stop off points including St. Mary’s (The Marble) Church and St. Asaph, once the smallest City in the UK.
- Arrive in Conwy, a magnificent walled town and superb Edward 1st castle, built in 1283 by James Of St. George. Walk the 1¼ mile (2km) walls via the 21 towers and see the Stephenson-Built Railway running right through the castle! Plenty of time for shopping in the traditional and unusual shops. See the official smallest house in the UK or even take an optional estuary boat cruise.
- Arrive in the coastal seaside resort town of Llandudno. Explore the location by bus including a visit to the top, and around, the Great Orme. Various points of interest highlighted and exploration stops made, including St. Tudno’s Church, built in the year 1400. A visit to, and into, the 4,000 year old copper mines.
- Check into hotel.
- Free time to explore the shopping streets and glorious architecture.
- Dinner at your leisure.
- Can we tempt you to visit a traditional Welsh pub and sample the flavour, ambience and atmosphere, and return to the hotel along one of the most spectacular coastal promenade with superb view-points.
- Breakfast at Hotel – Included
Depart for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, one of the longest town names in the World! We’ll travel via Bangor and the Telford-built (1819) Menai Bridge, back via the Stephenson-built Britannia Bridge, completed in 1850 but re-built after a fire in 1970.
A visit to the wonderful town of Port Merrion, a Clough Williams-Ellis creation (1926 – 1976) where you simply won’t believe your eyes!
Return to Hotel in Llandudno.
- Evening program depending on season but usually includes a chance to hear a local Welsh Male Voice Choir or other traditional Welsh experience.
- Nightcap and bedtime (or another dancing session perhaps?)
- Breakfast at Hotel – Included
- Snowdonia National Park Adventure. Lot’s of sightseeing, scenic stops, rambling and photographing as we drive through some of the most exciting and unusual roads of this glorious, 2nd largest (838m² / 2,171km²) UK National Park.
- A visit to Llanberis, right in the heart of Snowdonia and at the foot of the highest mountain, Mt. Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) that is 1,085mts (3,560ft) high.
- A lunch stop in the picturesque town of Betws-Y-Coed in the centre of Snowdonia National Park. Marvel at the wonderful church, explore the endless quaint shops and relax in the ambience.
- Llangollen. A traditional Welsh town with a turbulent river, steam railway, museums and lots of shops!
- We’ll conclude our Wales experience with an unforgettable sunset stroll over the World famous Pontcysyllte Aqueduct built by Thomas Telford in 1795 for a mere £47,000!
- Arrival back in Chester to a sad farewell.
The chart below shows the price per person (based on 2 sharing a twin/double room):
|3 Day-2 Night||Guest/Bunk House||2*/3* Hotel||4* Luxury|
Why not create your own itinerary? We’ll work with groups who wish to dedicate a complete vehicle to themselves and vary the off-the-shelf itinerary – either partially of completely. It allows route changes, hotel variations, attraction visits – in fact, just about anything you like – all carefully assembled under the expert eyes of the BusyBus team.
Read enough? Convinced yet? You’ve nothing to lose in contacting us (there’s no charges for quotes!) and everything to gain so let’s get the ball rolling now!