BusyBus (Scotland) delivers this award-winning full-day 140-mile Scotland Adventure sightseeing tour departing from the Glasgow’s Greenock Ocean Terminal specifically tailored to meet cruise arrivals. It is carefully tailored for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (as much as half a ship’s excursion price for twice the fun!) but we also use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing is meant to be done in Scotland!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated with a jolly driver and knowledgeable escort who, invariably, will become more of a friend than a tour guide! Every passenger receives special attention and is encouraged to participate in the day as much as possible to ensure that you have a wonderful time with us.
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
- Departing from Greenock (Glasgow) cruise terminal, you will have a fully narrated journey which is intertwined with a hint of Scottish audio entertainment. Hear Mel Gibson’s Braveheart “Freedom Speech” when he (as William Wallace) prepares to defend Scotland from King Edward 1st in 1297.
- Our journey will travel along the southern bank of the River Clyde crossing at the Erskine Bridge before heading on to the Trossarchs National Park with the outstanding beauty of Loch Lomond. Here, on the banks of Loch Lomond, we will stop for some superb photograph spots with views of the Loch.
- After leaving the Loch we head North to Tyndrum which provides a brief stop to enjoy the World famous Green Welly facilities. All will become clear but if you want to cheat and get a preview you can do so by clicking here.
- Onwards to one of the highlights of the day. A short, 15 minute flat hike through Scottish Countryside brings us to Kilchurn Castle, a ruined 15th century structure on a rocky peninsula at the northeastern end of Loch Awe. Free access to the Castle is sometimes restricted by water levels in the Loch but we will do our best to enjoy this sacred, isolated marvel.
- Next we will visit the town of Inveraray which is home to Inveraray Castle & Gardens (optional entrance fee of ~£10) on the shore of Loch Fyne, Scotland’s longest sea loch and fishing “capital”. It has been the seat of the Duke of Argyll, chief of Clan Campbell since the 17th century. Inveraray itself is a delightful town providing ample shopping and all things Scottish!
- Time will fleet by (do you like that?) as we take in stunning views of the Lochs and Glens en route to our next stop at Rest & Be Thankful which boasts superb views mixed with a hint of Scottish History. The Highlands are “delivered” to you in style!
- We will continue with our scenic adventure keeping our eyes peeled for any Scottish pipers along the way before our final stop to explore the peaceful, tranquil village of Luss where stone-skimming on the waters edge or a stroll on the white sandy beach can be enjoyed.
- After leaving Luss, it is back to your ship with time in hand before sailing away from the magic that is Scotland!
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 1-hour after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard” – your ticket will clarify your exact times.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- Don’t pre-purchase attraction entry tickets as many factors can effect our arrival time. Your driver escort knows the attractions well and will ensure you get the best available ticket prices and are treated just as importantly as those who tied their cash up in advance! Simply pay on the door.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.
CRUISE ARRIVALS – GREENOCK (GLASGOW) 2019
|Date||Shipping Line||Vessel||Time in Port||Tour Departure*|
|10th April||Cruise & Maritime||Astoria||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|28th April||Costa Cruises||Mediterranea||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|7th May||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|10th May||Holland America Line||ms Prinsendam||08.00-23.00||08.30|
|16th May||TUI||Mein Schiff 5||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|17th May||Celebrity Cruises||Reflection||09.00-17.00||09.30|
|18th May||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|20th May||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|31st May||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|1st June||TUI||Mein Schiff 5||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|5th June||Regent||Seven Seas Explorer||08.00-22.00||08.30|
|6th June||Cunard||Queen Victoria||08.00-17.00||08.30|
|11th June||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|12th June||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|15th June||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|16th June||Crystal Cruises||Serenity||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|23rd June||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|24th June||Regent||Seven Seas Explorer||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|3rd July||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|4th July||P & O Cruises||Ventura||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|5th July||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|6th July||TUI||Mein Schiff 5||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|18th July||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|23rd July||Azamara Club Cruises||Journey||07.30-21.30||08.00|
|23rd July||Royal Caribbean||Brilliance of the Seas||07.00-18.00||08.00|
|25th July||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|30th July||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|31st July||Tui||Mein Shiff 5||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|5th August||Cunard||Queen Elizabeth||08.00-17.00||08.30|
|8th August||Cunard||Queen Victoria||08.00-17.00||08.30|
|9th August||Oceania Cruises||Marina||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|10th August||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00(+1)02.00||07.30|
|17th August||Cunard||Queen Victoria||09.00-23.59||09.30|
|18th August||Celebrity Cruises||Reflection||07.00-23.59||07.30|
|20th August||TUI||Mein Schiff 5||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|23rd August||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00(+1)02.00||07.30|
|26th August||Kapag-Lloyd Cruises||ms Europa||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|31st August||Costa Cruises||Mediterranea||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|4th September||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|10th September||TUI||Mein Schiff 4||07.00-19.00||07.30|
|11th September||Princess Cruises||Regal Princess||09.00-21.00||09.30|
|12th September||Disney Line Cruises||Magic||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|15th September||Regent||Seven Seas Explorer||08.00-22.00||08.30|
|16th September||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-18.00||07.30|
|26th September||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||10.00-22.00||10.30|
[flgallery id=11 /]