PLEASE NOTE: As we need to drive a considerable distance to deliver this tour, bookings are only possible on a per luxury 16-passenger vehicle & driver guide basis. The average price for a dedicated 16-passenger vehicle and guide is £900. Is this what you’re looking for? Then read on:
This is our award-winning ~8.1/2-hour / 120-mile Scotland Eastern Adventure tour departing from the Edinburgh cruise terminal. It is carefully tailored for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (half a ship’s excursion price for twice the fun!) but we also use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing is meant to be done!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated with a jolly driver and knowledgeable escort who, invariably, will become more of a friend than a tour guide! Every passenger receives special attention and is encouraged to participate in the day as much as possible to ensure that you have a wonderful time with us.
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
- We depart Edinburgh Cruise Terminal via the mighty Forth Bridge, taking you to our little secret viewpoint to get a real feeling of this monstrous construction.
- Our first stop off point is the little village of Culross, believed to have been founded by Saint Serf in the 6th Century and formerly serving as a port on the Firth of Forth. Culross is home to many unique historical buildings, some of which can be dated back to the 12th Century. Spend time in this classic former port village and revel in the history and culture of an authentic traditional Scottish Village.
- We will then continue through the beautiful Scottish countryside passing near to the World famous Gleneagles Golf Club and onto the Tullibardine Distillery where you will have time to take the 45 minute optional “Classic Tour” and sample a nip or two of Scotland’s finest vintage Malt Whisky (entry not included, £8.00 per person)
- Our legendary journey continues to the historic Castle town of Sterling, gateway of the Trossarchs and sitting on the edge of spectacular forest-covered hills. Whilst exploring this imposing stronghold, the favourite residence of the Stuart kings and coronation place of Mary Queen of Scots, you will simply be in awe at the magnificence of the location and will easily see why this site was selected all those years ago. Don’t forget to snap-shot the William Wallace Memorial standing proudly on the opposite hilltop. Made famous by Mel Gibson and the film Braveheart. Wallace was to become one of Scotland’s most famous freedom defenders.
- We will continue with our narrated adventure and head southwards towards the city of Falkirk where engineers have devised a brilliant modern solution to combine with a transport system that is centuries old. We will be visiting the Falkirk Wheel where canal boats are hoisted 79 feet by means of a rotating boat lift, the only such lift in the World!
- After leaving the Falkirk Wheel, we will head Eastwards for a short hop to the beautiful and mysterious statues of The Kelpies. Here you are free to enter the visitors centre and take those souvenir photographs that will bring back fond memories for years to come.
- Finally, it’s back to your cruise liner at the Edinburgh Cruise Terminal with a camera-full of photos and a day filled with eternal memories!
CRUISE ARRIVALS EDINBURGH SCOTLAND 2019
|Date||Shipping Line||Vessel||Time in Port||Tour Departure*|
|10th May||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|13th May||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Pearl||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|19th May||Holland America Line||ms Zuiderdam||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|22nd May||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|23rd May||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|3rd June||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|4th June||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Gateway||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|5th June||Holland America Line||ms Prinsendam||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|10th June||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Pearl||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|15th June||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|27th June||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||08.00-19.00||08.30|
|28th June||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Spirit||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|9th July||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|20th July||Royal Caribbean||Brilliance Of The Seas||07.00-18.00||08.00|
|21st July||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|23rd July||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Spirit||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|28th July||MSC Cruises||MSC Orchestra||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|28th July||Voyages to Antiquity||mv Aegean Odyssey||08.00-20.00||08.30|
|2nd August||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||0700(+1)02.00||08.00|
|6th August||Oceania Cruises||Marina||08.00-23.00||08.30|
|6th August||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||08.00-17.00||08.30|
|12th August||Voyages to Antiquity||mv Aegean Odyssey||09.00-18.00||09.30|
|14th August||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|14th August||Cunard||Queen Victoria||06.00-18.00||08.00|
|15th August||Princess Cruises||Pacific Princess||07.00(+1)01.00||08.00|
|21st August||Hapag-Lloyd Cruises||ms Europa||07.00(+1)02.00||08.00|
|23rd August||Princess Cruises||Pacific Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|26th August||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|7th September||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|13th September||Regent||Seven Seas Explorer||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|18th September||Norwegian Cruise Line||Norwegian Spirit||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|19th September||Princess Cruises||Crown Princess||07.00-19.00||08.00|
|20th September||Princess Cruises||Pacific Princess||08.00-21.00||08.30|
|24th September||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||11.00-20.00||11.30|
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 1-hour after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard”.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.