The Chester Experience fully-escorted tour is a 5.1/2-hour cruise excursion from your ship at Liverpool Cruise Terminal. It provides the best of both Worlds as you will still have a chance to see the vibrant, cosmopolitan “Beatle” City of Liverpool (under your own steam) as well as hopping aboard our executive coach and being whisked off to the amazing City Of Chester just 40-minutes away.
As with all BusyBus shore excursions we keep our prices simple and to an absolute minimum. There is no catch! We really will delight you with your driver & tour escort keeping you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge throughout the tour, the great thing about us is that we work with agencies like Exotic Voyages, to make sure our customers are getting the best services, we know that many may want to do other tours as well which is why we also have other options for them.
We do not force on you (on a pre-pay basis) lunch or unwanted attraction tickets because, quite simply, there is so much choice to see and do that we’ll leave those choices up to you on a pick & mix, go-as-you-please basis. What we will do is make sure you’re fully informed as to what’s on offer, the bargains to be had and assist in creating the best possible day out for you.
We’ll travel in an executive coach during the short, fully-narrated transfers with your comfort in mind, never stuffing vehicles like “cattle-carriers” to capacity and always ensuring everyone has plenty of seat space and a full window view. Your BusyBus team will become buddies rather than “working” staff and we only conduct shore excursions the way shore excursions were intended – as fun!
Your day commences directly from your ship on the spectacular Liverpool quayside (synchronised with the ships timetable. We won’t go without you or get you back late!). Liverpool has a direct berthing dock eliminating tendering and/or poor-weather cancellations.
Your tour has been carefully routed and planned with your guide tailoring the day to suit the weather, atmosphere, whats-on and ambiance of the general group on board. This makes every tour unique, special and memorable and allows you to partake in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with. You will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to.
- After we’ve admired the Liverpool splendour and skyline we’ll literally pass 10 meters beneath your ship (honestly!) on our 40-minute fully-narrated journey across the Wirral to the magnificent ancient 2,000 year old Roman & Norman walled City of Chester
- Join your tour escort (optional) for a BusyBus-style narrated 45-minute walking tour that will not only help you to get your bearings but will highlight the main features and attributes of this amazing City; founded in AD69 by the Romans and home through the ages to the Celts, Normans, Tudors, Goths, Edwardians and Victorians. Your walking tour will end in the City Centre or at the main Visitor Centre where further information can be found.
- Everyone will be issued with their own personal and exclusive Chester Map & Coupon Page that will not only help you navigate the City but also highlight our carefully selected partners who are keen to welcome you. Enjoy shopping discounts, money-off refreshments and discounted tourist attraction tickets.
- You will then be cast free to re-visit or explore in more detail any of the highlights on the walking tour and map or to enjoy the “best shopping in the UK”, with quaint twisting streets, including The Rows the most incredible, amazing, famous and unique shopping you’re ever likely experience!
- Walk beneath, next to and even touch the second most photographed clock in the UK, the Eastgate Clock. Sitting proudly above the Roman gated entrance on the former famous Watling Street Street adjacent to the 5* Grosvenor Hotel, this magnifcent timepiece was placed in 1897 to commemorate the diamond (60th) jubilee of Queen Victoria. In 2012 our current Queen Elizabeth 2nd matched this incredible achievement.
- Enjoy local produce and refreshments in this monumental and historic secret City in one of the many traditional pubs or restaurants, with their medieval, twisted timber floors and creaking walls groaning angrily as they try to impart their historic, and sometimes ghostly, stories upon you. Sample the World famous products that originated here like Cheshire Cheese and Weetwood Ale!
- For the more energetic why not walk the full 2-mile historic and original walkway high above the ground on the most complete medieval stone walls in the UK! Not only will yous see Chester from every vantage point, on a clear day you’ll see the mountains of Snowdonia (Wales) 45-miles away and the endless flat plains of Cheshire in the opposite direction where blood once saturated the fields during battles such as Rowton Heath (1645 Civil War).
- Your guide will help you to plan your free-time itinerary and direct you to any attractions you might fancy (see below).
[flgallery id=12 /]
Chester Attractions & Things To Do (Click)
Chester’s Top Attractions
Chester Heritage Tours ~£6.50
Chester Boat ~£6.50
Roman Walking Tours ~£6
Mill Hotel Roman High Tea Cruise ~£12 incl. high tea!
Grosvenor Park Miniature Railway ~£3
City Sightseeing ~£9.50
Chester Walking Tours ~£6
Military Museum ~£4
Dewa Roman Experience ~£5
Grosvenor Museum Donations
Chester Cathedral Donations
LIVERPOOL CRUISE TERMINAL SCHEDULE 2018
|Date||Shipping Line||Vessel||Time in Port||Tour Departure*|
|4th June||Phoenix Reisen||Artania||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|6th June||Regent Seven Seas||Seven Seas Explorer||08.00-23.00||08.30|
|10th June||Princess Cruises||Royal Princess||09.00-19.45||09.30|
|12th June||Celebrity Cruises||Celebrity Eclipse||10.00(+1)19.00||10.30|
|16th June||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||08.00-23.00||08.30|
|26th June||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||08.00-23.00||08.30|
|8th July||Holland America Line||ms Prinsendam||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|13th July||Cruise & Maritime||Magellan||08.00-20.00||08.30|
|16th July||Princess Cruises||Royal Princess||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|18th July||Phoenix Reisen||Amadea||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|19th July||Celebrity Cruises||Celebrity Eclipse||07.00-17.00||08.30|
|22nd July||Cruise & Maritime||Magellan||10.00-20.00||10.00|
|28th July||Princess Cruises||Royal Princess||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|29th July||Cruise & Maritime||Magellan||08.00-20.00||08.30|
|4th August||Oceania Cruises||Marina||08.00-18.00||08.30|
|9th August||Princess Cruises||Royal Princess||06.30-20.15||08.30|
|10th August||Cruise & Maritime||Magellan||08.00-20.00||08.30|
|13th August||Celebrity Cruises||Celebrity Eclipse||06.00-15.45||08.30|
|18th August||Hapag Lloyd||ms Europa||06.00-22.00||08.30|
|25th August||Cruise & Maritime||Magellan||08.00-20.00||08.30|
|7th September||Disney Cruise Line||Disney Magic||08.00-19.30||08.30|
|8th September||Hapag Lloyd||ms Europa 2||18.00(+1)18.00||08.30|
|19th September||Seabourn||Seabourn Ovation||08.00-21.00||08.30|
|21st September||Oceania Cruises||Nautica||08.00-18.00||08.30|
…AND FINALLY: We are conscious of passenger concerns regarding the consequences of a late arrival back to ship when using independent excursion providers. In BusyBus’s case, saving up to 50% along with having a wonderful overall experience simply may not be sufficient to convince you, so let me, as Managing Director, re-assure you that all operational aspects of our tours are taken very seriously indeed to mitigate such a risk. * Times are CORRECT AT TIME OF WRITING. We carefully co-ordinate times to meet & greet you at the quay-side and provide a fully synchronised tour always returning at least 1-hour before “all aboard” if applicable.