PLEASE NOTE: As we need to drive a considerable distance to deliver this tour bookings are only possible on a per luxury 16-passenger vehicle & driver guide basis. The average price for a dedicated 16-passenger vehicle and guide is £950. Is this what you’re looking for? Then read on:
This is our award-winning 8-hour / 140-mile Scotland Adventure tour departing from the Invergordon cruise terminal. It is carefully tailored for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (up to half a ship’s excursion price for twice the fun!) but we also use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing is meant to be done!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated with a jolly driver and knowledgeable escort who, invariably, will become more of a friend than a tour guide!
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
- Departing from Invergordon, we head off into the Highland Countryside to the picturesque beauty spot of Rogie Falls in search of Salmon embarking on their mission to return to their birthplace by swimming upstream and leaping up waterfalls.
- Next stop is for a quick coffee at the aptly named Beauly (Beau Lieu or Beautiful Place) where you will find refreshments and time permitting, explore the Valliscaulian Priory
- Now it is time to head off to the most famous of all Scottish Lochs enjoying breath-taking views of the surrounding countryside en route and maybe even catching a glimpse of a Highland Cow (or a Llama or two) before dropping down into the valley that is home to Loch Ness.
- Stop on the banks of Loch Ness and spend a short while Nessie Watching or maybe spend some of your tourist pounds in the well-stocked, Nessie inspired, gift shop.
- Our next destination is the historic settlement of Fort Augustus situated at the south-western end of Loch Ness. Enjoy local cuisine and marvel at the engineering masterpiece of locks and waterways known as the Caledonian Canal in the majestic surroundings of the Great Glen Way.
- The last stop on our tour is a short walk to a special viewpoint of seven Lochs (on a clear day) to work off some of that Scottish cuisine and to fill your lungs with good, clean Highland air before heading back along the southern side of Loch Ness towards your ship.
- It will then be time to say “Bon Voyage” to your BusyBuddy as you sail off into the sunset.
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 1-hour after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard”.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.