PLEASE NOTE: As we need to drive a considerable distance to deliver this tour bookings are only possible on a per luxury 16-passenger vehicle & driver guide basis. The average price for a dedicated 16-passenger vehicle and guide is £950. Is this what you’re looking for? Then read on:
This is our award-winning ~8-hour / 140-mile Scotland Adventure tour departing from the Invergordon cruise terminal. It is carefully tailored for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (up to half a ship’s excursion price for twice the fun!) but we also use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing was written!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated with a jolly driver and knowledgeable escort who, invariably, will become more of a friend than a tour guide! Every passenger receives special attention and lots of freebies on the way – including your very own personalised route map and itinerary to remind you of your wonderful time with us.
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
- Departing from Invergordon, we embark on our adventure towards the most famous Loch all Lochs, Loch Ness! Monster hunting awaits us as we spend some time by the banks near the town of Drumnadrochit where we will stop by the waters edge and hunt Nessie!
- Then it’s off to Urquhart Castle, a fantastic early medieval fortification! The castle, situated on a headland overlooking Loch Ness, covers one of the largest footprints of all Sctotland’s castles.
- We’ll then explore the Cairngorms National Park BusyBus style where we’ll also see Aviemore, known for skiing and other winter sports. Weather permitting we’ll enjoy some footwork too!
- A pit-stop at the Aberlour distillery with an opportunity to get to grip with the local culture and of course a “wee nip” of the best local batch!
- Onwards to the Cathedral town of Elgin. Located just south of the River Lossie on the higher ground above the floodplain. Elgin is first documented in the Cartulary of Moray in 1190 AD.
- Sadly, that’s is it as we enjoy discussing our amazing adventure on-route back to your cruise liner at Invergorden.
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 1-hour after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard”.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.
[flgallery id=11 /]