This is our award-winning full-day 140-mile Scotland Adventure sightseeing tour departing from the Glasgow Greenock Ocean Terminal specifically tailored to meet cruise arrivals. It is carefully tailored for cruise excursions and has been routed to provide a fine mix of scenery and attractions. Not only are BusyBus tours great value (as much as half a ship’s excursion price for twice the fun!) but we also use luxury latest models vehicles designed to full sightseeing specification with panoramic windows, full PA system, overhead parcel shelves, luggage compartment(s) and forced air ventilation. Everyone is guaranteed plenty of seat space and a full window view. This is sightseeing the way sightseeing was written for Scotland!
Your tour is fully escorted and narrated by a jolly, knowledgeable driver escort who will, invariably, become more of a friend than a tour guide! Every passenger receives special attention and lots of freebies on the way – including your very own personalised route map and itinerary to remind you of your wonderful time with us.
We will take you to places in Scotland you thought didn’t (or couldn’t) exist and your driver & tour escort will keep you fully informed and advised as to points of interest and general knowledge regarding the ever-changing panoramic views.
Your driver will tailor the day to suit the weather, atmosphere and ambiance of the general group on board making every tour unique, special and memorable. You can partake and participate in as much (or little) as you feel comfortable with throughout the tour and will never be put under any commitment or pressure to do anything that you don’t wish to. It’s your tour and your day. We’ll just make it very special for you.
- Departing from Greenock (Glasgow) cruise terminal, we’ll embark on our fully escorted and narrated adventure passing into the Trossarchs National Park with the outstanding beauty of Loch Lomond, where we’ll stop to explore the peaceful, tranquil village of Luss where stone-skimming on the waters edge or a stroll on the white sandy beach can be enjoyed.
- Next we exploring a thick, dense forest climaxing in a delightful view of The Falls Of Falloch. We get close enough to feel the spray and hear the thunder of the water but please be aware, midges (nipping little insects) enjoy this area more than we do so repellent and/or covered flesh is recommended.
- Tyndrum provides a brief stop to enjoy the World famous Green Welly facilities. All will become clear but if you want to cheat and get a preview you can do so by clicking here.
- A short, flat hike through Scottish Countryside brings us to Kilchurn Castle, a ruined 15th century structure on a rocky peninsula at the northeastern end of Loch Awe. Free access to the Castle is sometimes restricted by water levels in the Loch but we’ll do our best to enjoy this sacred, isolated marvel.
- Next we’ll visit Inveraray Castle & Gardens (optional entrance fee of ~£10) on the shore of Loch Fyne, Scotland’s longest sea loch and fishing “capital”. It has been the seat of the Duke of Argyll, chief of Clan Campbell since the 17th century. Inveraray itself is a delightful town providing ample shopping and all things Scottish!
- Time will fleet by (do you like that?) as we undertake numerous scenic connecting drives enjoying what BusyBus has become known for; adventure! The Highlands will be “delivered” to you in style with the backdrop of Scottish audio entertainment. Mel Gibson will also tell you all about Freedom when he (as William Wallace) defended Scotland from King Edward 1st in the 1290’s.
- We’ll continue with our scenic adventure through keeping our eyes peeled for any Scottish pipers along the way whilst you’re entertained all the way back to Glasgow and your cruise liner.
A few common questions answered:
- Our tours are scheduled to the docking timetable and are specifically run for your cruise liner.
- We usually depart 1-hour after docking and always return a minimum of 1-hour before “all aboard” – your ticket will clarify your exact times.
- BusyBus personnel will be at quayside to meet you in hi-vis yellow “BusyBus” jackets. All docking personnel know BusyBus well.
- We do not include lunch but will provide you with plenty of options. We will have plenty of time in a suitable location for lunch. You are more than welcome to bring a pack-lunch with you.
- We use a variety of luxury vehicles ranging in seating and always ensure plenty of on-vehicle space with window views.
- Don’t pre-purchase attraction entry tickets as many factors can effect our arrival time. Your driver escort knows the attractions well and will ensure you get the best available ticket prices and are treated just as importantly as those who tied their cash up in advance! Simply pay on the door.
- We do not “force” unwanted attraction entries, refreshments, lunch and souvenirs on you. We will make recommendations throughout the day based on quality, value and experience only. BusyBus receives NO REWARD for recommendations.
CRUISE ARRIVALS – GREENOCK (GLASGOW) 2017
|Date||Shipping Line||Vessel||Time in Port||Tour Departure*|
|6th May||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||07:30|
|12th May||MSC Cruises||Preziosa||08:00-19:00||08:30|
|19th May||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|29th May||Royal Caribbean||Vision||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|30th May||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|2nd June||TUI Cruises||Mein Schiff 4||07:00-19:00||08:00|
|6th June||Phoenix Reisen||Artiana||08:00-18:00||08:30|
|12th June||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|13th June||Celebrity Cruises||Eclipse||09:00-19:00||09:30|
|23rd June||Princess Criuses||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|4th july||Royal Caribbean||Vision||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|5th July||TUI Cruise||Mein Schiff 4||07:00-19:00||08:00|
|6th July||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|15th July||Disney Cruises||Magic||08:30-18:15||09:00|
|16th July||Cruise And Maritime||Magellan||08:00-19:00||09:00|
|17th July||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|18th July||Cruise And Maritime||Columbus||08:00-18:00||08:30|
|26th July||Azmara Cruises||Journey||07:15-21:00||08:30|
|30th July||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|6th August||Holland America||Zuiderdam||08:00-17:00||08:30|
|8th August||Silversea||Silver Wind||08:00-18:00||08:30|
|10th August||TUI Cruises||Mein Schiff 1||07:00-19:00||08:00|
|11th August||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-Next Day||08:00|
|23rd August||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-Next Day||08:00|
|26th August||TUI Cruises||Mein Schiff 4||07:00-19:00||08:00|
|28th August||MSC Cruises||Preziosa||08:00-18:00||08:30|
|3rd September||Princess Cruise||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
|13th September||Princess Cruises||Regal Princess||08:00-19:00||09:00|
|16th September||Princess Cruises||Caribbean||07:00-18:00||08:00|
[flgallery id=11 /]